The Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery in PRO-FAMILIA
The Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery in PRO-FAMILIA hospital was established to provide assistance to patients with musculoskeletal injuries by an experienced team of specialists in the least invasive way using the top-class equipment.
The team is led by MD Łukasz Białek, a specialist in orthopedics and traumatology.
We are distinguished by the comprehensive approach and an analysis of each individual case.
We have created a team of highly qualified professionals, consisting of physicians and nurses, motor conditioning trainers, laboratory diagnosticians, technicians, and also the research group, guaranteeing the safety of our patients and professionalism. As an integral part of the team, there are also experienced physiotherapists - Grzegorz Kania from PRO-Familia and the specialists from Rehamed - Center.
Minimally invasive procedures
We specialize in minimally invasive procedures in the field of arthroscopy. We also perform a full range of orthopedic surgeries using various surgical procedures and traumatic treatments.
ARTHROSCOPY - is considered as one of the most modern surgical techniques, safe and also characterized by virtually no complications and high accuracy. Treatments performed by this method outweigh the classic surgical procedures with its effectiveness. Arthroscopy involves making two small openings through which the camera and a 5mm diameter operational tool are inserted, by means of which the damaged tissue is removed or repaired. During the procedure, there may be used a subarachnoid anesthesia, intravenous regional anaesthesia or selective blocks of nerves and plexus, which gives the patient full awareness and ability to observe his operation on an additional monitor.
Treatments that we perform are:
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Reconstruction of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) using own graft or an artificial ligament (different fixation methods)
- Reconstruction of the Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL)
- Multi-ligament reconstruction in one operation
- Revision ligaments reconstruction
- Meniscus sewing
- Meniscal resection (Meniscectomy)
- Reconstruction of articular cartilage using collagen or hyaluronic membranes, and stem cells
- Lateral release of the patella
- MPFL reconstruction - patellar dislocation surgeries
- Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy (TTO)
- Loose body removal
- Arthroscopic treatment of Osgood-Schlatter's disease
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Removal of ankle folds
- Removal of ankle's loose bodies
- Ankle ligament reconstruction (ATFL,CFL)
- Triangular fibrocartilage sewing
- Arthroscopic removal of the triangular cube
- Treatment of ankle cartilage damage - membranes, autogenic grafts
- Arthroscopic removal of growths of the tibia and talus bone
In addition to arthroscopic surgeries, we perform a full range of orthopedic procedures with classic access and also corrective procedures, including:
- Popliteal fossa cyst excision
- Meniscal cyst removal
- LCL open reconstruction using own graft
- Hallux Valgus correction - Akin, Scarf, Chevron osteotomy, medial closing-wedge osteotomy
- Mallet finger surgery
- Fifth metatarsal bone surgery
- Transverse Flatfoot Surgical Correction
- Arthrodesis of the metatarsal and ankle
- Achilles Tendon Rupture Surgery
- Patellar Tendon Rupture Treatment
- Quadriceps tendon repair and the treatment of the sciatic muscle rupture
- Stabilization of the acromioclavicular joint rupture
- Decompression of Shoulder Impingement
- Biceps Tendinitis rupture operations
- Golfer's Elbow & Tennis Elbow Surgery
- Operation of the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Guyon's Canal, Ulnar Nerve
- Transpositions of the extensor tendons
- Dupuytren's Disease Treatment
- De Quervain's tenosynovitis Treatment
We also perform stem cell injections in the hospital conditions.
In the Orthopedic Clinic, we perform the entire spectrum of conservative and non-surgical procedures:
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections
- Growth factors injections
- Collagen Injections
- Steroid Injections
- Punctures of joints, hematomas
- Ganglion Cyst surgeries
We also perform full diagnostics of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. The hospital does not have a contract with the NFZ in orthopedics - the treatments are available privately.
Rehabilitation is a very important step in the treatment process. That is why we have started cooperation with one of the most modern rehabilitation centers in Poland - Rehamed-Center.
For the patient, a comprehensive therapeutic program is being prepared by an experienced team of physiotherapists in cooperation with an orthopaedist, depending on the type of ailments, health condition, and the objective. In addition to individual exercises, rehabilitation is supported by high quality equipment such as: LOKOMAT, ERIGO, ARMEO.
The Orthopedic-Rehabilitation Project offer includes:
- Preoperative Procedures
- Comprehensive postoperative rehabilitation carried out in cooperation with an orthopaedist
- Specialist orthopedic rehabilitation
- Motor preparation
- Walking and running computer tests