Witolda Street 6B
In the modern Endoscopy Laboratory at our hospital we carry out research on the diagnosis
and treatment of changes in the gastrointestinal tract. It is the first and only laboratory in Subcarpathia,
where can be performed a non-invasive examination of the gastrointestinal tract using capsule endoscopy,
currently classified to the most modern diagnostic techniques in the world.
Experienced medical team
Our team consists of experienced lab specialists - gastroenterologists, surgeons, anesthesiologists and qualified nurses. All doctors have certificates confirming their qualifications issued by the Endoscopic Surgery Section of Polish Association of Surgeons and the Polish Society of Gastroenterology.
Modern medical equipment
First-class medical equipment is available for doctors use - video colonoscopes to examine the large intestine and video gastroscopes for the diagnostics of upper gastrointestinal tract. These are the most modern diagnostic equipment operating in high definition standard, providing the highest quality of imaging with the ability to detect even the smallest changes and the possibility of biopsy mucosa, removal of gastrointestinal tract polyps and performing other endoscopic procedures.
In our laboratory we also use imaging techniques in a narrow band spectral light NBI (Narrow Band Imaging), which are called Optical biopsy. This technique allows more precise determination of the extent and, in some cases types of lesions.
All endoscopes are cleaned before each use and disinfected in automatic washers - disinfectors, which effectively reduces the risk of infection. To perform the procedures we use disposable accessories and undergoing sterilization in the hospital Central Sterilizing Department of reusable medical devices.
For greater comfort of our patients we perform:
- examination in full anesthesia, with a guarantee of postoperative care in the recovery room with the constant nurse supervision,
- examinations simultaneously conducted - colonoscopy and gastroscopy under general anesthesia,
- diagnostic examination with simultaneously carried surgery - including polypectomy - the removal of polyps.
The scope of medical care:
- Gastroscopy - endoscopic diagnosis of diseases of the upper gastrointestinal tract,
- Colonoscopy - Endoscopic diagnosis of diseases of the lower gastrointestinal tract,
- Removing polyps of the stomach, large intestine - endoscopic polypectomy,
- Removing flat and sessile polyps - endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) and endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD),
- Endoscopic gastric balloon insertion - as one of the stages of preparation for the operation of surgical treatment of obesity,
- Endoscopic obstruction of bleeding into the gastrointestinal tract by non-thermal methods (injections, clipping) and thermal methods (argon plasma, coagulation),
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG),
- Screening Program for early detection of colorectal cancer,
- Non-invasive examination of the gastrointestinal tract using capsule endoscopy.
To register for the examination please call number:
- + 48 662 318 547